Sunday, March 2, 2008

Grandma babysitting the boys.

Ever since the acid reflux study Grady has been throwing up - go figure. He hardly ever threw up before but lately it's been at least once a day - and when he throws up it's not just a little bit - it's projectile! It's so frustrating! We started him on cereal & it's not helping at all. I called the doctors (both the cardiologist & the pediatrician) because I was starting to get concerned that their was something wrong. Some of the signs of rejection can be flu like symptoms. Both doctors agreed that it is not heart related. They feel that he either picked up a little bug somewhere or that the medicine they gave him for the acid reflux test irritated his stomach. I am really hoping it stops soon!

Today Ken and I got to go to the Cleveland Cavs game. Roy & Jolie got tickets thru work & asked us if we would like to go. We left the boys with my mom. It was so much fun to get out! We ate lunch first & then went to the game. The Cavs won so that was just icing on the cake!

The boys did great for my mom (except that Grady threw up right before we got home). Regan & Michelle & 2 of their kids came over with freezer meals that people from church made. We had so much fun looking at what everyone made & deciding what we want to eat first. Thanks so much to everyone who participated in this - the meals look awesome & they are very much appreciated! We ordered pizza & made apple dumplings that we had in the freezer & then we were going to play games except that Grady was so fussy we only got one really short game in. Usually when we get together with Regan's we play games for hours, so it was a little disappointing that Grady wouldn't cooperate. He has an appointment with the pediatrician on Friday - hopefully she can give me some ideas for what to do when he is like this. Also, pray for us on March 10 - Grady has another biopsy. Pray that the procedure would go well & that there would be no rejection.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello all! Looks like grandma is having fun with the boys, as usual. I'm glad you had a chance to get out yesterday. As you know, Wes and Earl are in OH. Could you post a picture of Wes with the boys? I told Wes to give them a hug and kiss for me. Colby, you remind him if he doesn't. I wish I could be there myself.

We had a bad storm out here last night. I tried to post but when I was ready to submit it, the power was off and for some reason it didn't go through.

I hope the vomiting stops and I will continue to pray for healing there. Also, I will remember the biopsy coming up on the 10th. I miss you guys. Take care.
--Leah