Monday, March 3, 2008

Uncle Wes with Colby & Grady

Today was a busy day - I do laundry Mondays & it's amazing how much more laundry we have just with Grady's things. I lost track of how many loads I did, but I did get it all done so I feel good about that!

My brother-in-law from Oklahoma is in for a food show, so tonight we all went to Der Dutchman for dinner. It was my sister Rosy & her family, my mom & dad, Wes & his buddy Earl and our family. Yes - we took Grady. My other brother-in-law, Steve, is the Assistant Manager at Der Dutchman so we were able to be seated in a closed section all by ourselves. It was really nice & Grady did good for the most part. I did have lots of people to help & we were able to walk around with him when he got fussy.

I ran into a couple of people that follow the blog & it was kind of a strange but good feeling - it's hard to explain. I love that people are following our story & praying for Grady but I am not the most outgoing person in the world so when I actually meet people, I don't know what to say - so if you run into me somewhere, please don't be offended if I don't talk much (this is something I am working on getting better at). Ken is the complete opposite - he loves meeting people & doesn't have any trouble striking up a conversation - he will probably talk your ear off!

On another note, I will be taking over more of my responsibilities at work this week. I used to do all of my work from my home office, but we will be moving the desk, computer, etc. back to the business I work for. There are definitely pros & cons to this. Pros: I will gain an extra room in my teeny tiny house, I won't be working at home & will be able to focus on my family while I am here, I will be able to get out of the house & I can still make my own hours. Cons: No more working in my pajamas (I will actually have to get dressed and comb my hair before I start working), I will need someone to watch the boys while I'm at work (most of the time Ken should be able to as I plan on working around his schedule), I will have to drive to work. Overall, I think the pros still outweigh the cons. My employer has been wonderful thru all of this & if having the office at the business location is better for her, I will make it work for me as well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the picture Jeannie. I wish I could've been there too. It is cold out here in OK. It was pretty late this evening when I finally got around to thinking about supper for the kids. We decided to pile in the van and go through the drive-thru at McDonalds. I think I sat in the drive-thru for at least 10 minutes and with several cars behind me waiting for service. I finally pulled to the first window and there was a note there that said, "Closing at 7:00PM for reconstruction". Do ya think they could've put a sign back where ya order? It was already 7:45. They had plenty of time to do it! My experiences at the local McDonalds are on a steady decline. Last week we placed a rather large order and they shorted us 3 sandwiches!!!! On top of that the fries tasted like cold cardboard. Wes was quite suprised to hear I went back. I wonder what they are reconstructing!

I did laundry today too. I still have 5 loads that never got folded. At least its clean! You are doing a great job. It's good to hear that people are following your blog and that they care. Well, Blake wants to sleep in our bed tonight so I better sign off. Love ya!
--Leah