Wednesday, February 6, 2008

This was in the doctor's office.

Today was a long day. I had to get up at 6:00 this morning in order to have myself and Grady ready in time to make it to our doctor's appointment in Cleveland at 10:00. Colby had spent the night at Rosy's house, so I picked him & Rosy up there. Rosy drove so that I could take care of Grady if he needed anything.

We had an appointment with the gastroenterologist first & everything looked good from their end. Grady's liver medication was stopped about a week ago because his numbers were exactly where they needed to be. They will do some labs about a month from now to make sure the numbers stay where they should be without the medication & if everything looks good we won't have to see them again.

Our next appointment was at 12:00 with Dr. Boyle. He just did a quick exam & seemed happy with Grady's progress. Grady is up to 9 lbs. 5 oz. (so he is gaining some weight since he's been at home).

We didn't make it back until about 3:00 & I was exhausted. Grady & Colby both took naps while I tidied up the house. Luckily, we had another meal come in from church tonight so I didn't have to cook. Let me just say that the meals so far have been awesome! We really appreciate them - so thanks to all of you who have brought meals or are bringing some in the future!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeannie,
I love all Grady's smiles. I'm hoping to come over Thurs. or Fri. Let me know if you need anything. Praying for all your needs!
Love ya,
Rosy

Anonymous said...

Hey! What a cutie! Love the smile! Priceless. I was thinking of you today. I tried to call to see how things were going. You must have had your phone turned off. I will try to be in touch soon. Take care.
--Leah

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeannie,
I hadn't been able to check the blog for a few days. We had a tough weekend and long few days. Jordan's sweet grandma passed away Monday morning. So, we had viewings and a funeral today. She was an amazing woman! She raised nine children, has 23 Grandchildren and 24 Great Grandchildren...Elliot was number 24. =) Her faith in Jesus was just so precious!
Grady looks so adorable....Im so happy to hear that he's gaining, thats so wonderful! I love the last picture of him smiling in his carseat...so "tute" (as Elliot would say.) He adores babies.
So I was reading over the other entries....and about your insurance situation..I will most definately pray. Thats so tough Im sure, but one thing is for sure you have come through so much already..I bet your faith is growing! I believe he won't stop now in providing for you and your family and their health. I will pray that God gives you and Ken clear direction on which way he would like you to follow. And that the doors will open and be made very clear. =)
God's blessings on you all! So, so happy that your precious family are in the comforts of your home. You are not alone....so many people are still praying and remembering you all daily. =)
Take care,
Sarah

Jane said...

meals are awesome!

sounds like a full day, glad your travels were safe!