Tuesday, February 5, 2008




Colby playing on the laptop again.

Colby drew this picture of a semi truck.

It's getting harder and harder to know what to write. It seems that each day is so much like the last one. Grady is still doing very well. He is eating great & I am getting used to giving him all of his medicines. Colby is still having fun being at home. We will have a busy day tomorrow - Grady has an appointment in Cleveland at 10:00 with the GI doctor and at noon with Dr. Boyle. My sister, Rosy, is going to go with me.

I have not shared this with a lot of people yet, but we have been praying about it for quite a while now. Our health insurance is thru my employer (I do office work from my home). The company I work for is very small - only about 10 to 15 people on the insurance plan. Everything that has happened with Grady & the potential for future claims is going to make my boss' premiums go up each year to the point where she will not be able to offer insurance any longer. With Grady's medical condition, we don't feel comfortable at all being without insurance and I don't want to wait until it is no longer offered to plan for the future. Ken is self-employed (construction) and we would not be able to afford the premiums for our family thru his business. We really need all of your prayers - we are praying that a door will be opened either for Ken or myself with a large company that offers good health benefits. Right now, this is the biggest stress for me - I need the security of knowing that we can provide for the future. Pray that God will open a door and we will know without a doubt that it is God's will for us.

4 comments:

Leah said...

Hey! I haven't talked to you all in a few days. I am glad things are going well. Colby looks like he is having a blast at home. I love the truck! I finally took the twins to the Dr. today. They are both on antibiotics. Blake has an ear infection. I hope to see a difference in them in a day or two.

I will continue to pray for God's will concerning your insurance woes. I love you guys and miss you.

--Leah

Jane said...

praying! insurance is a must have, God will provide.

Anonymous said...

Praying God will provide for you and your family.

Love,
Loren,Jenny, & Olivia

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to see that your family is home!! Thanks for posting pictures and your thoughts. The boys are so cute and have grown! When you get into a routine & things settle down, I would love to come get Colby for a play-date with Cassidy or lunch at the local McDonald's. It's got to be a relief to be home! I can only imagin the stress and frightful feelings though. I pray for you daily and will pray for your insurance situation. God will provide...look what He has done with Grady!
Prayers & Hugs! Tammy Loos