Friday, February 22, 2008

Grady has found his hands & likes to suck on them.

Having some tummy time.

Taking a break.

Colby at his play dough table.

I had a few minutes free today, so I thought I would blog. Colby is at Rosy's once again - the kids were going to play out in the snow. Rosy called me because she got the sign up for T-ball this summer. I can't believe that Colby is old enough to play! He's growing up so fast!

To answer Amy's question - yes Grady does have a scar - actually he has quite a few from the transplant, from some of the lines that were put in and from a surgery they had done to close the PDA valve. The incision from the transplant is very light & has healed quite nicely. It will probably fade even more. I didn't get a chance to today, but sometime I will take a picture without his shirt on so you can see.
Grady has decided that he needs to eat every 1 1/2 to 2 hours during the day. It's hard to get anything else done! Luckily, at night, he will go 4 hours until the next feed. Here is a typical day for us (times are approximate & vary depending on when Grady is hungry):

8:30 am Feed Grady & give 6 to 7 meds depending on what day of the week it is
10:30 am Feed Grady
Noon Feed Grady
1:30 pm Feed Grady
2:00 pm Give 1 med
3:15 pm Feed Grady
4:00 pm Give 1 med
6:00 pm Feed Grady
8:30 pm Feed Grady & give 6 meds
Midnight Feed Grady & give 1 med
4:00 am Feed Grady
8:30 am It all starts again!

That leaves 15 syringes & 9 bottles to wash each day along with all the other things that go along with maintaining a house. I'm not complaining - it will get easier the older he gets - I just thought it would be interesting for you all to see.

We are planning on going to my sister's house tonight for dinner. I am so excited to get out of the house. Other than doctor appointments, I can count on one hand how many times I've been out of the house since we are home!

I almost forgot - Grady rolled over yesterday! It wasn't like he was trying or anything, he just has a really bad temper & was laying on the floor crying. He arches his back when he's mad & he pushed with his foot at the exact same time & just like that he was on his belly. It was so funny - I think it surprised him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeannie,
Talk about busy!!!! I always wondered what a day at home was like for you. I'm glad your getting out tonite. mI wish so badly we could stop by but tate still has a tickly throat.
I can tell that Grady is filling out....his cheeks or something looks more babyish. Is there anyone else who gives Grady his meds? What would happen if you seiously needed a break? How do you have any time for yourself? My prayer is that you'll be able to find time for yourself to get rejuvenated!!! If you need anything PLEASE let me know. I get to walnut creek cheese fairly often if you need groceries I can drop them off.
Have fun at your get away tonite!!!
Love, Amy

Anonymous said...

Love the pics Jeannie!!! Your'e doing an awesome job!! Glad you got to go out and get a break from being at home. Hope you had a good day today!

Love,
Loren, Jenny, & Olivia :)

Krissy Wilkins said...

That is so great to see a daily routine! You are amazing!! It's been almost two years since our Hannah had a transplant at 4 months old. Believe it or not, but I have nearly forgotten how crazy and full life is when just getting home from transplant surgery. Things are a little less stressful. Less meds to give (really just twice daily!). I must admit I still struggle to get the house in order...we now have a 10 month old to add in the mix! But I have learned to be ok with having everything everywhere. It's where we are and who we are right now.
Blessings to you guys. So glad things are going smoothly and pray life and Grady become easier to parent.
Love,
Krissy

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeannie... I think of you guys often.
I can't wait to stop by to see you all. Kendall been battling a cold and cough so it may awhile yet. Crazy schedule you have...days prolly fly by. I was laughing reading your post about the shuttle. I imagine you were all hot and felt like shaking the insensitive ladies and punching the guy who pushed his way thru...Losing stuff from your bag...Oh the things we do as moms. Thanx for sharing the craziness of the adventure...I loved it and am still laughing...Lorene