Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Physical therapy








I woke up this morning with a pounding headache & no Advil or Tylenol. Luckily, Rosy was on her way up to spend the day with me & had some in her purse. The pills did the trick & we were off to see Grady. He continues to do well with his feeds. Today he had physical therapy. The therapist was very impressed at how well he could hold his head while on his tummy. He is such a tough little guy. As I was leaving, a nurse came in & told me that Grady didn't sleep much last night & one of the other nurses ended up holding him almost all night. This is something I am definitely going to discuss with the team there (they have meetings once a week & ours is tomorrow). This might sound mean, but I don't want them holding him all night long - there has to be another way to comfort him. What is going to happen when we get home? I can't stay up all night holding him! It makes me tired just thinking about it.

Rosy & I decided to leave rehab a little earlier than normal & go out for dinner & hit a couple stores before she had to go back home. We ate at Buffalo Wild Wings & went to Carters & Old Navy. We were going to go to WalMart & Target, but we never made it. Old Navy had amazing sales. Those of you who know me - know how cheap I am - well, Old Navy had an extra 50% off their Clearance sections. Rosy & I were in heaven:-) We spent a lot of time there. It seems there is never enough time to do everything when I have visitors. Rosy had to leave as soon as we got back to RMH. I went up to my room & was just hanging out when I realized that tonight was the first night for American Idol. I missed most of it - only saw the last half hour but luckily Ken has it recorded at home. I already told him to make sure not to delete it. I'm glad that there is finally something on tv to watch besides reruns.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeannie,
I had fun today! The pictures turned out really good!

Wow, did I save a lot of money!!! How about you?
Don't forget to check out Phrase Frenzy on www.gsn.com then we can play agaisnt each other!

I'll see ya soon!
Love, Rosy

Jeannie said...

Over $100 worth of stuff for $27.

I will check out the game tonight yet.

Leah said...

Hey! Grady looks so good! Maybe I should hit Old Navy out here in OK! We were going to go to OKC this weekend but Marc has another visitor coming and so we felt it would be better to go another time. Now we are looking into going to Branson instead sinc the kids don't have school on Monday. Our resort is offering us 2-3 days for free (has to be in Jan. or Feb.). I tried to call around noon but figure you are probably feeding Grady so we'll chat some other time. Take Care!
--Leah

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, just thought I would check in to let you know I am keeping tabs on you. It's good to hear that Grady is doing so well in rehab. He looks good in the pictures. Summer and I really had a good time on Sunday when we were at RMH, but after we left we realized that we forgot to tell anyone thanks for the meal! We felt kinda bad. So here is a belated Thank You! Well I need to e-mail a couple of my neices yet so I better get goin! see ya -Jonathan

Hummel Family said...

Hey you guys! I just wanted you to know that I've been following along for quite awhile now. You have one beautiful boy there...what a miracle he is to all of us!!! We've been praying and we will not stop!

Thanks for sharing your journey with all of us.

-JoEllen Hummel