Monday, January 14, 2008

Grady's sad face.

Ariel at the hospital.

Making silly faces.


It's Monday - so back to my daily routine. I was at rehab for Grady's 12:00 feed. For some reason his heart rate was a little high when it was time to eat, so they wanted me to wait & see if it comes down a little. It did, but by that time he was starving & just wanted to gulp his bottle down. I had to try to pace him but it was really hard - he was just too anxious - so I was only able to give him 25 mls. in 15 minutes & they put the rest thru his tube. He did much better at the 3:00 feeding (probably because we wasn't starving). He stayed calm for the most part & paced himself & once again took the entire 52 mls.

I came back to RMH for dinner & then went to Rainbow to see Kristina & Ariel. They are from Ecuador & have been at RMH since the end of August. Clinton was like family to them & they are devastated at his passing. Ariel is 2 years old & had a very risky heart/lung surgery last Monday. The surgery went well & he is in the hospital recovering but has been asking for Clinton. Please pray that God would comfort them & that Kristina could find the right words to explain to Ariel why Clinton isn't coming to see him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't get over how much Grady looks like Ken!!! Thanks for keeping us posted! I'll see you tomorrow!
Love ya! Rosy

Leah said...

Hey! I like your sleeper Grady! Whoever got that for you sure has good taste! I will remember Ariel and Kristina as well as Clinton's family. We are doing good in OK. We are keeping busy as usual. Not a whole lot new going on. We are thinking of going to an OU B-ball game this weekend and to see Marc. The kids don't have school Monday so we could make a long weekend of it. Call anytime!
Love ya!
--Leah

Tiffany Evans said...

Jeannie,

Thanks for the pics of Ariel. Hannah was thrilled to see him and wondered why he was in the hospital...I'm glad you were able to get over there and spend time with Cristina. Send her my love, too.

Blessings.