Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Kendra & Grady

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of pictures to post today because the batteries in my camera died. Luckily, I was able to get Kendra holding Grady before it quit on me. I was pleasantly surprised this morning when Kendra called to see if she could come up. She was planning on spending the day with Linda from church - but everything changed & since she had sitters for the day, she came up here.

I had my first "progress meeting" at rehab today. They are very pleased with Grady's progress. They say he takes his feeds better when I give them to him than when a therapist does (this morning he took 37 mls. for the therapist, but took all 52 mls both times I fed him). So, now, they want me to give him 3 feeds a day instead of 2 - which is great - but also means an extra 3 hours - at least - at rehab. I had been giving the noon & 3:00 feed & they gave me the option of adding either the 9:00 am or 6:00 pm. I decided to go with the 9:00 am even though it will be rough for a while. I know, most of you are thinking 9:00 isn't even early - but keep in mind - I have not been able to fall asleep until 1:00 or 2:00 am. (Michelle says I have my days & nights mixed up). Hopefully, if I am forced to get up earlier, I can get to sleep at a decent time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeannie,

I know what it is like to go to bed that late. Some of my family doesn't understand why I don't get up until 11! If you ever need to chat with some one at 1 o'clock in the morning I am usually up!

How awesome that Kendra came to visit!

In our prayers,
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeannie,
I've been thinking alot about you lately, seems like forever since we've seen you. Still trying to recover but I'm getting better. Sorry to hear about Clinton, I know he'll be missed alot at the house. Starting at US Bank on the 28th. Talk to you soon. Take Care
Love ya, Sue