Sunday, January 13, 2008

Ken and the boys.



Grady eyeing his daddy.


We all slept in a little this morning & then had a late breakfast at RMH. We got over to rehab a little before 11:30. I gave Grady his 12:00 feed & he took 32 mls. I also gave him his 3:00 feed & he took 37 mls. He is steadily increasing each time. I noticed that he was pacing himself much better today. I am so proud of him! You are probably wondering why Ken didn't feed him since he was here, but the doctors at rehab have to sign him off to feed him. Until he is trained by a therapist, he can't do any feeds - which really stinks because the therapists are not here weekends when Ken is - so for right now it is just me. Dr. Boyle stopped in today - he is still very happy with Grady's progress. Our nurse was impressed that he stopped in. She said it is only the second time since she has been there that the referring doctor stopped in to see a patient. I am probably going to start learning how to give Grady his medication next week - so pray that I "get it". He is on a lot of different meds so it will be a lot to learn.


I was exhausted by the time we got back to RMH so Colby & I took a nap while Ken watched football. We got up around 6:30 & took Colby to Toys R Us (RMH had given all the families $25 gift certificates for Christmas). He picked out a new Cars game for his Leapster. He is pretty excited about it. We ate dinner at a place called FatBurger. It was pretty good (our first time there) & then headed back to RMH. Colby played MaterNational on the laptop while Ken and I played a card game called Crazy 1000. We had some good family time today - tomorrow we are looking forward to getting some visitors.

3 comments:

Leah said...

Hey! Are you in bed yet? I was on the computer and thought I would check the page one more time. What a handsome trio. I'm so glad to hear Grady is doing so well. It is also very encouraging to hear that Dr. Boyle stopped in. He sounds like a great Dr. Have a good night. I love you all!
--Leah

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!
I am so proud of you Grady! It sounds like you are making huge progress with your bottle! I love the pictures of the guys! It's great to hear that you all are having some great family time. I hope your supper is going well tonight at RMH with all the folks from home bringing your dinner! I miss you guys and can't wait to see you again! Take care! Love, Rosy

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeannie-
Sounds like you have had a nice weekend. Grady seems to keep taking small steps forward everyday!
I thought you'd be interested in hearing that Nolan and Tina had to take Laney back up to Akron Childrens today. To make a long story short she kept turning blue and her oxygen level kept going down. They have her on the vent. now and are running tests. Not sure what is going on. If you think about it pray for little Laney. Tomorrow she will be 4 wks old. Her due date isn't until Jan. 29th and she weighed 6lb 8oz tonite at hosp.
Hopefully all will work out.
I hope you had a good day. Talk to ya soon.
Michelle