Friday, January 11, 2008

Grady in his bouncy seat - I couldn't get him to smile for the camera.

Colby showing off his new Indians hat.

Colby clowning around in our room at RMH.


Grady smiled at me for the first time today. He has smiled in his sleep, but today I was talking to him and he looked right at me and smiled - twice! He was 17 weeks old yesterday - but his adjusted age would be 8 weeks. Also, today the therapists & doctors signed me off to feed him by myself. Now, anytime I am there during feeds, I can try to feed him myself. They had limited him to 3 oral feeds per day, but there is no limit anymore - I am just not supposed to push him too hard. They do not want him to develop an aversion to the bottle. He has been averaging 24 - 26 mls but at his 5:30 feed he took 32. Hopefully, this will continue until he takes the entire 52. (Currently he is still getting all his night time feeds thru the tube).

Two ladies from media relations at the Cleveland Clinic came over to meet with me today. They are going to call the Cleveland Indians & see if they would be willing to set something up with Grady Sizemore. They also said that when ESPN was at the hospital doing a story with a patient and Braylon Edwards, they seemed interested in doing a story on Grady. None of this is guaranteed at all - they were just giving me their thoughts. Just because the hospital wants to do it doesn't mean that ESPN or the Indians would be interested. We will just have to see what happens.

Ken and Colby made it up safely this evening. We ate supper at RMH & are hanging out in the room right now. Colby is hiding his cars & making Ken find them - his favorite new game.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeannie,
I am so excited to hear about how well Grady is doing with his feeds! I can't wait to see Grady again and to see if he'll smile for me!!! Hope you all have a great visit! Hugs!
Rosy

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeannie!
I just love the pictures! Colby looks so cute in his new hat. Grady looks cute in his hat, too, but I would have taken it off really quick like you did! I think it will be a great pic to show him on his wedding day!!
I'm glad to hear that you are all getting adjusted to Rehab. And what a great feeling to be able to feed your baby! Is this the last stop before home? I don't think you should feel like you have not done everything you can for Grady...seriously, who would think of a coat & hat when Grady has been in the hospital all his life??! I bet the nurse has not been in your shoes & just doesn't understand. Music therapy? That's a new one. No wonder you can't remember everybody's names.
I need to get my big kids away from Guitar Hero & get them outside while it's kinda warm & sunny. Thank you for sharing all that you do. Cassidy & I pray daily for you and your wonderful family.
Prayers and Hugs, Tammy Loos

Anonymous said...

hi jeannie love your blog!! grady is so cute!! how exciting to see him smile i am so happy for you i know that so fun to try and get them to do it again and again :) sorry i not very good at this but i will do better! :) so happy to hear therapy going good miss you guys and praying love betty