Monday, January 28, 2008

Grady in his cute little hospital gown.

Mommy & Grady

Wow - What a day! Grady's biopsy went well this morning and the results are in - ZERO rejection! Praise God! We got the results around 5:00 pm today. Also, Dr. Boyle said we can go home tomorrow! Can you believe it? My brain is just spinning right now. I was afraid rehab would not let us go - but Dr. Boyle made it clear to them that it's time we go home. The only thing that could possibly hold us up is if the medicines or Grady's formula don't get here for some reason. I was able to find a pharmacy that compounds & they feel that his medications should be ready by noon tomorrow. Rehab still has one that they need to fax over in the morning so hopefully it is one the pharmacy carries. Rehab is also working on getting the formula we need.

The plans for tomorrow are for me to go to rehab at 9:00 am like I always do & give Grady his feeds as well as work with rehab on anything else we might need when we get home. They are planning on pulling his ng tube out, so all meds and feeds will be oral. Once the prescriptions are ready, Ken, my mom and Jolie will bring them up here (so that rehab can check them) and help pack and clean the room at RMH & then we will head home - 4 1/2 months of living in Cleveland away from friends and family is finally coming to an end! We can bring our miracle baby home!

Please pray that the pharmacy would be able to fill all of the prescriptions tomorrow and also that once we are home Grady would do well with his feeds. He wouldn't eat at all today & I'm sure it was because of the biopsy, being at a different hospital and not having the special nipple he uses. I would hate to be home for a couple days only to have to come back because he won't eat. Also, pray for our family. We have been waiting for this day ever since Grady was born but it is going to be a huge adjustment for all of us - just pray that everything would go smoothly.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! I can hardly wait to have you home. The only thing I am sad about is that we can't be there with all the sickness going on in our house. I have been anticipating the day for so long and I am so happy for all of you! By the grace of God, YOU DID IT! As you come home and continue on your journey remember you are not alone God is with you. I can't wait to see you all home! We will be doing some serious GERM BUSTING!!! Congratulations!
We'll be praying that all goes well with the meds!
Love ya,
Rosy

Leah said...

Praise the Lord, mom shared the news with me this evening too. I will pray that everything will work out tomorrow and that nothing would hinder coming home. I sure wish I could be there!!!! This is so exciting!!!! Grady is such a fighter! What a miracle God has worked in Grady's life. What a joyous day!

I'm sure having him at home will also be scary. God has brought you this far and He will continue to give you guidance, wisdom and strength. To God be the glory.

We all love you so much!
--Leah

Anonymous said...

Praise God

Can't wait to see home pictures
Becky

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeannie,
How awesome is it that your going home!!!!! God is GREAT!!! I cant wait to see him at home. Will you continue to blog? Now you'll be able to get back to some sort of routine and normalcy.
I can't believe it! How amazing, praying everything works out and that Gradys meds come out correctly. Love amy

Anonymous said...

Hurray! So, glad the day has come. I'll be praying for the next days at home as you all adjust. In no time all will be normal and you will be a cozy family. So very excited for you guys!
Blessings,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Oh,Jeannie what wonderful news. The day has finally come...HOME...sure it sounded like music to your ears. So excited that you home can go home as a family...all 4 of you!!!!!!I will pray that it would be a smooth transition as you adjust to life at home. WELCOME HOME GRADY!!!!!! Lorene

Anonymous said...

WOW! This is the first time I've seen your blog and i can't believe Grady is about to go home! This is Cheryl, Grady's primary nurse at Rainbow Babies. It is so good to be able to hear how well he's doing, Amy (the social worker) and I always wonder about how he's doing. He has such a great, loving and supportive family...I know he will thrive at home with you. It's amazing how well babies grow once they're out of the hospital. Congratulations! It was a pleasure taking care of your son.