Saturday, January 26, 2008

Colby loves getting mail.

The kids from our church sent him a whole bunch of cards they made for him.

Grady during therapy.


I made it home last night. I was planning on leaving right after Grady's 3:00 feed, but the therapist came to work with him & I wanted to stay to watch. I got home at about 7:30 last night & was able to hang out at my sister's house for a while with their family & Ken & Colby. Ken left this morning to go be with Grady.

My plan for today was to get the prescriptions taken care of & do some office work. Instead, I learned a lot about pharmacies. I took Grady's prescriptions to the pharmacy in town because I thought it would be convenient to work with someone so close. What I found out is that they are not a compounding pharmacy & that 3 of his medications need to be compounded. What that means is, for example, he is supposed to get 16.5 mg of a certain medication but the smallest dose it comes in is 300 mg capsules. A compounding pharmacy would then break it down into the size dose he needs. Since he is so small & the dosage needs to be exact, she recommended a pharmacy that specializes in compounding. I called that pharmacy & unfortunately they were already closed. One nice thing that I heard on their recording, though, is that they have free delivery Monday thru Friday - it didn't say how far they go - but I thought that was a nice service they offer. I also heard on their recording that you need to allow 3-4 days for compounding so that might slow us up a little on getting discharged. Since I have to leave tomorrow to go to Cleveland, my sister will take care of getting the prescriptions to the pharmacy Monday morning. So, now, after all that I am going to try to get some office work done.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Ken, Jeannie, Colby and Grady,
Hopefully that pharmacy will be able to deliver. That would be such a help to you. We are all doing good in OK. It is very cold out here and we are ready for some warmer weather. Not a whole lot of new going on with us. Hope you enjoy your weekend at home.
Love Ya,
Leah