Monday, January 21, 2008

"Big Brother" Colby holding Grady all by himself for the first time.

Michelle & Grady

This is how Reece & Colby slept Friday night.

Ok - so I missed a day blogging - Sorry - it's been a busy weekend. Regan, Michelle & Reece left Saturday afternoon after visiting Grady & then Ken and I had a banquet for his work all the way in Coshocton. We drove down for the banquet (took a little over 2 hours), picked up his mom, dad, sister & Colby & came back to RMH the same night. We played games until after midnight. Ken got up this morning & went over for Grady's 9:00 feed only to find that one of the nurses had thrown away the nipple for Grady's bottle (he uses a special one) and so the nurse wouldn't let him feed him. Ken wanted to try one of the other nipples, but she said no & put the feed thru his ng tube. Ken was pretty frustrated when he came back. We all went over for the 12:00 feed (I had a stock of the special nipples in my backpack) and Grady did pretty good - I think we had to put 7 mls. thru the ng. We got brave today and took Grady from his room to a little sitting area - we wheeled his monitor along & there were no other people there, so I was pretty comfortable with it. His room is so tiny & with Ken's family here, it was nicer to be able to sit in a bigger room on comfortable chairs. We were also able to watch tv & play games which made the time go fast. We stayed until his 3:00 feed - he took 60 mls (5 more than he has to take) which was great. I tucked him back in & we came back to RMH.

Ken, Colby & Ken's family left a little after 7:00 tonight. Colby & I were a mess this time. He didn't want to go & I didn't want him to go - we were both crying & it probably took 10-15 minutes from the time we first started saying goodbye to when Ken got him out the door. This whole thing has really taken a toll on all of us. I feel so bad for Colby - this has been really hard on him & I feel like I'm missing out on so much of his life! Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day emotionally!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeannie,
It looks so good to see Colby holding Grady. He looks so proud to be a big brother. My heart breaks to continue to see you all in pain from missing each other so much. There is nothing I can say to make it better and that frustrates me, I wish I could fix it. We are just looking forward to the day Grady comes home and the rejoicing we will all share with you. We love you and are praying for you. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to. See ya soon.
Rosy

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeannie...Sounds like you had a busy weekend.LOVE the pic of your two boys.Colby looks so proud.I can only imagine the hurt in your heart when you and Colby had to part yet once again.So sorry...You have been so strong thru this whole thing. You are an awesome Mom to your boys. Praying you have strength to continue on each day. love, Lorene