Wednesday, January 30, 2008

This was Grady laughing.

Isn't he cute?

Grady is doing very well with his feeds. The 3 hour schedule is out the window & we are feeding him whenever he is hungry - the only exception is that he has to wait at least 1 hour before the next feed. I figured out that in a 24 hour period he took 520 mls. and, if my math is correct, on the 3 hour schedule (where they gave 60 mls per feed - putting some thru the ng tube if required) he would have gotten 540 mls. The doctors were hoping he would take at least 65% of the 540, but he did much better than that. Hopefully it continues!

The new plan is to leave sometime Friday morning. We could have left earlier, but we have an appointment with the pulmonary doctor tomorrow at 1:00 (it is just a follow up) & it didn't make sense to leave today & come right back tomorrow. Also, Ken has off Friday, so it will work out really well to go home then.

I came back to RMH for supper & it was pasta again (we had it last night too) so I decided to go to WalMart & get some last minute items that I will need at home for Grady & treat myself to what might be my last Chipotle meal for a while.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I can't wait until I can see Grady laugh like that in person! It looks like I might have to wait awhile yet to see Grady. I think Brandon is starting with what the girls have. Brandon won his match tonight. He was really excited, he did good. Well, I gotta go, the Nyquil is kicking in! See ya soon!
Love ya,
Rosy

Leah said...

Hey! It was good to talk to you on the phone. God is so good. I will try to be in touch tomorrow. I better get to bed. I will be surprised if the kids have school tomorrow. There is a snow storm in the forecast (4-8 inches). Wes has off and I had planned to spend the whole day in Tulsa shopping. I sure won't be headed that way if the snow arrives. Roads in OK with snow are BAD! I love you. Talk to you soon.
--Leah

Anonymous said...

Wow it looks like its finally here.....The trip home with Grady! I am so happy for you guys and am so excited for Colby! He finally gets to sleep at home for more days then he can count. Actually my guess is that before you know it he'll be excited for those sleepovers at grandmas or Rosys again!
I guess I have to get a move on things and finish up the boys closet. It ended up not working yest. because my sitter had sick kids so I didn't drop mine off. The plan is to head to your house this afternoon and finish up after I'm done here at work.
I better get back to work so I can get to your house soon. Let me know if you need anything else done.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

The day is here! Praying for your trip home today. We love you guys. If you need anything at all....let us know!!
love ya,
Sarah

Tiffany Evans said...

Jeannie,

CALL ME when you can! I'd love to hear how you're doing!!! I can't wait to see pics of Grady at home!!!!!! I thought I had your cell number but I can't find it!!!

Just talked to Cristina....sounds like we're all gone now....finally!!!

Much love to the 4 of you,
Tiff

PS...good luck with the meds....ha ha.... :-)